Monday, April 26, 2010

Life-Ruiner

For the first 3 months of Ginger's life
all I could talk about was baby crap.
I'd be talking about breast-feeding or something
and at the same time be thinking...
Oh my gosh, Alexis, shut up
you are boring the hell out of this person.
I kind of feel like my blog is falling
down that deep dark boring hole.
And Im sorry.
but this is pretty much Ginger's baby book.

So here goes another entry.
I'll call this...

The Baby Gate Tragedy.

She thinks, I'd like to go downstairs now.
I'll just open this gate and be on my way.

HIP_294015070.705714

(note, the latch is up, but thanks to baby proofing- she still has to lift the gate and pull at the same time to open that sucker, and believe you me...if that happened, the title of this would be; My daughter- the genius)

What the what?!?!
This is baloney,
keeping a girl all locked up like this.
I'll just reach up and
push that button and I'll be on my way.

HIP_294015111.412316

Why?!?!?!?! Whyyyyyyyyyy?
Woe is me!
Why isn't the button pushing working!

HIP_294014907.486584

Okay. think Ginger...
maybe if I squeeze my head through here..

HIP_294015276.650051

Nope, that didn't work.
Hey, there's mom. I'll just stare at her
until she opens it.

HIP_294014921.674482
And that's when I say,
No, sweetheart. We don't need to go downstairs right now.

Wha?!?! You're ruining me life!!

HIP_294014934.129520

Well shoot.
I thought I'd have to do a lot more
to ruin my daughter's life.
Like tell her she can't date until she's 16.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your post about Ginger!!

aubri said...

HAHAHAHA! Okay first, I don't think that any of your posts could ever be boring! You are such an entertaining writer. Like, I wish you could do my blog for me. Seriously. LOVE this post. Pure awesomeness:)

Anonymous said...

I love it. Dang, you are on a roll lately. I need to get my toosh into gear and write something.

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

I don't think your blog is boring at all and I actually really enjoy it. Keep the juices flowing.