Friday, September 30, 2011

Not Forgotten


I love this talk by President Uchtdorf. 


As a mother, I find myself continually being surprised by
the blessings of this divine calling, as well as
the Incredible Responsibility I have to love and nurture and guide these children of mine.
The joy is greater then any joy I have ever known.
And conversely, the pressure is unlike any other I have known.
And with the territory come sacrifices, heartaches, guilt, and
exhaustion both physically and emotionally.
But knowing the divinity of my role, gives me reassurance
the Lord is always with me,
which brings me Peace- an invaluable resource.


Now if I could just tape that message to every wall of this house,



I love the way the gospel places value on Women.
Especially now that I have children.

I want Ginger to grow up knowing She is a Daughter of Heavenly Father,
and He loves her, with "an infinite love".
I want Oliver to be a man of worth and integrity
and to see women the way our Father in Heaven intends him to.
To respect the divinity within every one of them.


{Which reminds me to pray for the woman that does have my 
Sweet Oliver's affections...
may she be as perfect as possible.
just kidding. 
sort of}
  
And when the day comes that Ginger or Oliver may
be carrying a burden so heavy it engulfs him/her...


He will know, He is not forgotten. Heavenly Father knows him
and has prepared a way so that he may have that burden lifted.
and

She will know, She is not forgotten. Heavenly Father knows her 
and has prepared a way so that she may have that burden lifted.


And you know what? I hope that for you too.
when the day comes that You may
be carrying a burden so heavy it engulfs you...

You will know, Your are not forgotten. Heavenly Father knows you 
and has prepared a way so that you may have that burden lifted.


Whether you are LDS or not, a mother or not,
You should listen to the words and testimony of President Uchtdorf.
It is such a positive and powerful message.

Part One



Part Two





No comments: