Friday, July 2, 2010

a recipe from me to you

well from tyler florence to me to you.
every once and a while you come upon something
so good, it seems sinful not to share.
if you dont like mushrooms
I do believe this is the dish that will change your mind
and convert your heart.

5 ingredients
10 minutes start to finish.
not to brag but I can do it in 7
probably because Im awesome
or super hungry.


olive oil, sea salt, mushrooms ( I fancy portabella), mozzarella cheese, fresh thyme.
Im sure dried thyme would do the trick, too.

Firstly slice the mushrooms. they broil fast so not too thick of slices.
place on broil pan. like so...


Nextly, put dime size balls (or quarter size if youre crazy) of cheese all over the mushrooms,
sprinkle sea salt, scatter fresh thyme (off the stem), drizzle olive oil, add a bit more salt.


Then place in the broiler for 2-3 minutes... dont walk away (trust me)...
you know its ready when the cheese is oozy and bubbly and golden brown
in some places.

Ta Dah.


and sometimes you get a super cool mustache like this...


If you cry while you eat this. dont be ashamed... youre in good company.

4 comments:

The Bells said...

MMMMM Between you and Bobby Flay I have been mad craving food all day now! haha.
He just had a throwdown with REAL English Fish n Chips. ahhhh.
But those look so YUMMY. Portabellas are our favorite. Now if only I could figure out how to grow them... pricey little suckers.
I want to try this recipe.

Unknown said...

Love mushrooms. I'm going to try it.

Alyssa said...

fabulous! thanks for sharing. i love an easy stunner of a recipe. and i'm a veg too, so this is double fantastic!

Whitney R said...

Oh man, I have to try this! I've been on a mushroom kick lately. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for sharing your sin! Blogger is way better than confession.