Monday, November 30, 2009

My list for Santa

All I want for Christmas...

1. A sense of Peace in my heart, mind, home.
2. Big smiles and giggles from Ginger, in copious amounts.
3. Energy
4. To go to bed and know, I've done my best.
5. Courage and grace
6. To play more and laugh often
7. To not dwell on the past and my many mistakes. Easier said than done.
8. To learn from the aforementioned mistakes.
9. Chocolate...again, in copious amounts.
10. World Peace, of course.

Not too much to ask, right?

I'm not going to pretend that some of these requests are just everyday things that I seek after.
And I dont want others to think this is just a pretentious list and not true desires.
Life has thrown me a huge curve ball.
And really, a big part of me wants to crawl under the covers and surrender.
But a bigger part of me wants to learn and grow from this no matter what the outcome is.
So this is my Christmas list as an imperfect human being hoping for a bit or a lot of grace
to get me through.
And to all of you facing your own personal struggle, I hope the same for you.
You can borrow my list if you'd like, but you can only get #2 if you come and visit.

By the way... Ignore the "read more" link,
I cant figure out how to get the stupid thing off my blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, my list for Santa includes new flooring but your's sounds much better. Here's to LOTS of smiles, courage, and peace.

Nikki said...

I miss you....I love it when you post. We need to have a long two hour conversation and catch up:) Loves... I'm always thinking of you.

Jen said...

Alexis, you are so inspirational. It seems like a lifetime ago that we were close friends, but you are such an awesome person, and I am blessed to have known you so well a few years ago :) even if it was just a moment in time. Keep your head up high, you have a much better perspective than most and I think you are doing MUCH better than you give your self credit. You are a good person, and sometimes that is all it takes. xox Jen Lee

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.